Dianon’s comprehensive test menu includes gross and histological evaluation of GI and liver biopsy tissue, histochemical and immunohistochemical stains, and molecular and genetic methodologies. Combining our scientific experience with innovative laboratory technologies allows Dianon to provide comprehensive, rapid-response diagnostic testing to support optimal patient care.
Specialized GI pathologists
Specimens are reviewed by board-certified pathologists, most of whom are fellowship trained in GI pathology. Cytology specimens, such as brushings and fine-needle aspirations, are evaluated by board-certified and/or experienced cytopathologists with results correlated to histology for maximum accuracy.
Daily intradepartmental review
The GI pathology department conducts a daily review of malignant and challenging cases, providing a built-in second opinion. This helps ensure diagnostic accuracy and maintains a consistent level of quality.
Cases that require the expertise of multiple subspecialties, such as hematopathology or dermatopathology, are shared with other Dianon expert pathologists for their review, providing seamless integration across disciplines.
Any cases that remain in question after internal review are referred to an academic-based, nationally recognized expert in GI pathology for diagnostic confirmation and/or further studies.
Dianon’s GI pathology callback program notifies physicians about urgent findings such as malignancy or Barrett esophagus.
Preferred pathology program
Ordering physicians may request that a particular pathologist read his or her cases, allowing providers to build rapport and continuity with specific Dianon pathologists.
Comprehensive test menu
Dianon offers full anatomic pathology services complemented by a comprehensive clinical and molecular test menu.
Dianon offers a broad menu of immunohistochemical and special stains.
Advanced assays for gastric and colorectal cancer, lymphoproliferative disorders, and celiac disease
- K-ras and BRAF mutations
- Microsatellite instability (MSI) by PCR and MLH1/MSH2/MSH6 by IHC
- HER-2 expression by IHC and PCR
- Chromosome 18q allelic loss (18q loss of heterozygosity)
- Circulating tumor cells
- Dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase (DPD) for 5-fluoracil toxicity
- UGT1A1 genotype
- Flow cytometry and IHC for GI lymphoproliferative disorders
- Antibody screening and HLA-DQ genotyping for celiac disease
Dianon Pathology understands that GI practices have unique connectivity needs. Dianon has established interfaces with a variety of practice management systems and electronic medical record (EMR) sytems.
Dianon can also interface global and technical component results simultaneously to both an EMR and procedure-writing software, providing flexible solutions to meet your practice needs.
- Our PATHways product allows you to create final reports for your practice for TC cases.
- Our interfaces allow you to connect data from an EMR at your GI clinic to an ambulatory surgery center.
- Our EndoKey product can be used to prepopulate patient demographics from your practice management system into your Dianon test order.
Dianon’s connectivity solutions for GI providers complement our broad menu of advanced GI assays, combining real-time solutions for practice efficiency with Dianon’s long-standing reputation for high quality anatomic pathology.